The apostle Paul gave an instruction to the church at Philippi:
"Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you." [Philippians 3:17]
Paul gave his disciples a pattern to live by. He modeled a way of life that he encouraged the early church to follow and to establish as a pattern for their lives.
The Pattern is a 10-week discipleship course created by Elim Pastors Dave Ayling and Dom John, based on Romans 12, which teaches us how to live according to the pattern Paul taught to the early followers of Jesus.
The course spells out key principles and themes that we need to take hold of, in order to try and build a pattern of Christian living.
Each week of The Pattern explores a different area, as follows:
- Monday 16th Nov 7.30pm to 9pm: Surrender Your Life
- Monday 23rd Nov 7.30pm to 9pm: Renew Your Mind
- Monday 30th Nov 7.30pm to 9pm: Recognise Your Gifts
- Monday 7th Dec 7.30pm to 9pm: Make Righteous Choices
- Monday 14th Dec 7.30pm to 9pm: Honour Others
*** CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR BREAK ***
- Monday 11th January 7.30pm to 9pm: Keep Your Passion
- Monday 18th January 7.30pm to 9pm: Practise Spiritual Disciplines
- Monday 25th January 7.30pm to 9pm: Cultivate a Generous Heart
- Monday 1st February 7.30pm to 9pm: Respond with Grace
- Monday 8th February 7.30pm to 9pm: Overcome Evil with Good