When Is It?
This year Stronger Men are organising a Foodbank Challenge on Saturday 20th May 2017. We want to raise money to support our Foodbank.
Who Can Join In?
Men AND women are welcome to participate in any one of the three challenges; and anyone under 18 is also welcome to participate on the basis that their parents remain fully responsible during the challenge.
What Are The Choices of Challenge?
There are three options, each designed to suit different abilities and levels of fitness, as follows:
ONE: A 50-MILE CYCLE RIDE FROM SHREWSBURY BACK TO BCC
TWO: AN 8-MILE WALK ALONG THE BIRMINGHAM CANAL FROM TIPTON FACTORY JUNCTION BACK TO BCC
THREE: A 4-MILE WALK ALONG THE WORCESTER & BIRMINGHAM CANAL FROM BOURNVILLE BACK TO BCC
Are There Any Rules To Fundraising?
Yes there are!
1. You need to raise a minimum of £50 in sponsorship in order to participate.
2. You must collect all your sponsorship as donations BEFORE the challenge. (If for some reason you suddenly can't do the challenge any more, please give all your sponsors a choice either to still give the donation to the Foodbank anyway, or to have the money returned to them. This choice is offered on the Donation Form)
3. The money you raise must be submitted in full BEFORE you participate in the event.
4. You must keep a record of all your sponsorship donations and hand this in along with the money you have raised.
5. It is not permitted to ask anyone in either BCC or in any of the Foodbank team for sponsorship for the event. This is because people in BCC and in the Foodbank will quickly get tired of being asked over and over again by different people in the church for sponsorship! You must ask for sponsorship outside of BCC and outside of Foodbank. If someone in BCC offers to sponsor you without you asking - that is fine!